New ARMA Leadership Team
Sheree L. Bargabos Elected President
[Washington, DC] (January 30, 2008) – The Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association [ARMA] is pleased to announce its slate of elected officers and Executive Committee members for 2008-2009.
ARMA’s new president is Sheree L. Bargabos, President, Roofing and Asphalt, Owens Corning, Toledo, Ohio. Bargabos also serves on the ARMA Executive Committee and the ARMA Board of Directors. “It’s a privilege to serve as president of ARMA. I am proud of this association and its many accomplishments. Asphalt roofing manufacturers bring tremendous value to both commercial and residential roofing. Now more than ever, ARMA needs to clearly represent the positions of its members and gain greater recognition for the value of asphalt roofing. I look forward to leading an association that is more responsive, proactive and inclusive than ever before,” commented Bargabos.
Bargabos and the other newly-elected ARMA officers and Executive Committee members will serve for a two-year period from January 2008 – December 2009.
Bargabos succeeds Robert B. Tafaro, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), GAF, Wayne, NJ, who will continue to serve on the Executive Committee, of which he was subsequently elected Chairman, and on the Board of Directors. Other ARMA officers elected and installed at the ARMA Board of Directors meeting are
- Vice President: John K. Donaldson, President, Roofing Products Group, CertainTeed Corporation, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.
- Secretary-Treasurer: Steve A. Ratcliff, President & CEO, Tarco, Little Rock, Arkansas.
Tafaro Elected Executive Committee Chair;
New ARMA Executive Committee Installed
In related action at the ARMA Board of Directors meeting,out-going ARMA President Robert B. Tafaro was elected as the Chairman of the ARMA Executive Committee. Tafaro succeeds Richard A. Nowak.
Elected members of the ARMA Executive Committee are:
- Sheree L. Bargabos, President, Roofing and Asphalt, Owens Corning, Toledo, Ohio.
- John K. Donaldson, President, Roofing Products Group, CertainTeed Corporation, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.
- Kenneth Farrish, President, Atlas Roofing Corporation, Atlanta, Georgia
- David C. Humphreys, President / CEO, TAMKO Building Products, Inc., Joplin, Missouri.
- Kenneth R. Hunt, Vice President, Performance Roof Systems, Kansas City, Missouri.
- David Koschitzky, President, IKO Productions, Inc., Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- David J. Lucchetti, President / CEO, PABCO Roofing, Pacific Coast Building Products, Rancho Cordova, California.
- Steve A. Ratcliff, President & CEO, Tarco, Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Tom Ryan, Vice President / General Manager Roofing Systems Group, Johns Manville Corporation, Denver, Colorado.
- Robert B. Tafaro, President and CEO, GAF, Wayne, New Jersey.
ARMA Appoints 2008-2009 Committee Leadership
ARMA also announced the appointments of the chairs and vice chairs of the Association’s four standing committees.
Low-Slope Roofing Committee:
Chair: Tim Kersey, Manager, Technical Development, Siplast Incorporated, Arkadelphia, Arkansas
Vice Chair: Steve Clarke, Senior Research Scientist, Carlisle SynTec, Incorporated, Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
Chair: Sarah Tholen, Manager, Marketing Communications, Johns Manville Corporation, Denver, Colorado.
Health, Safety and Environmental Affairs Committee
Chair: Bob Hockman, Director Environmental Management, TAMKO Building Products Inc., Joplin, Missouri.
Steep Slope Roofing Committee
Chair: Darrel Higgs, Technical Manager, Roofing Systems, Building Materials Technical Service, OwensCorning, Toledo, Ohio.
Vice Chair: Louis Hahn, Vice President, Technology Center, GAF, Ennis, Texas.
For additional information concerning ARMA, their programming and activities, contact ARMA at (202) 207-0917; fax (202) 223-9741; or visit the ARMA web site at www.asphaltroofing.org or www.qualityasphaltroofing.org.
-- # --
About the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association
The Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association (ARMA) is the North American trade association representing the manufacturers and suppliers of bituminous-based residential and commercial fiberglass and organic asphalt shingle roofing products, roll roofing, built-up (BUR) roofing systems, and modified bitumen roofing systems.