ARMA New Leadership Team: Robert B. Tafaro Elected President
Robert B. Tafaro Elected President
Bargabos Vice President, Donaldson Secretary-Treasurer
[Washington, DC] (December 7, 2005) – The Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association [ARMA] elected and installed their new officers and Executive Committee members at the 2005 Fall Meeting of the ARMA Board of Directors, held November 2-3, 2005, in Napa, CA.
ARMA’s new president is Robert B. Tafaro, Chief Operating Officer (COO), GAF, Wayne, NJ. Tafaro’s term, as are the terms of all of the ARMA officers, is for the two year period November 2005 – November 2007. Tafaro also serves on the ARMA Executive Committee and the ARMA Board of Directors. “I am very proud to serve ARMA during what I am sure will be a very interesting time in our industry. My goal is to look behind in two years at an association made more responsive, proactive and inclusive. An association that very clearly represents the value brought forth by the asphalt roofing manufacturers,” commented Tafaro.
Tafaro succeeds Richard A. Nowak, President & COO, ELK Corp, Dallas, TX. Nowak will continue to serve on the Executive Committee, of which he was subsequently elected Chairman, and on the Board of Directors.
Other ARMA officers elected and installed at the ARMA Board of Directors meeting are:
- Vice President: Sheree L. Bargabos, President, Roofing and Asphalt, Owens Corning, Toledo, OH
- Secretary-Treasurer: John K. Donaldson, President, Roofing Products Group, CertainTeed Corporation, Valley Forge, PA.
Nowak Elected Executive Committee Chair
New ARMA Executive Committee Installed
In related action at the ARMA Board of Directors meeting, out-going ARMA President Richard A. Nowak, President & COO, ElkCorp, was elected as the Chairman of the ARMA Executive Committee. Nowak succeeds Jim Hilyard, Senior Consultant, Saint-Gobain Corporation, Valley Forge, PA Incumbent members re-elected to the ARMA Executive Committee are:
- Sheree L. Bargabos, President, Roofing and Asphalt, Owens Corning, Toledo, OH.
- Gregory T. Faherty, President, Siplast Incorporated, Irving, TX.
- David C. Humphreys, President / CEO, TAMKO Building Products, Inc., Joplin, MO.
- Kenneth R. Hunt, Vice President, Performance Roof Systems, Kansas City, MO
- David Koschitzky, President, IKO Productions, Inc., Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- David J. Lucchetti, President / CEO, PABCO Roofing, Pacific Coast Building Products, Rancho Cordova, CA.
- Richard A. Nowak, President / COO, ELKCorp, Dallas, TX.
- Robert B. Tafaro, Chief Operating Officer, GAF, Wayne, NJ
Newly-elected to the ARMA Executive Committee were:
- John K. Donaldson, President, Roofing Products Group, CertainTeed Corporation, Valley Forge, PA
- Pat McEvoy, Senior Vice President/General Manager, Johns Manville Corporation, Denver, CO
- Steve A. Ratcliff, President & CEO, Tarco, Little Rock, AR.
ARMA Appoints 2006 Committee Leadership
ARMA also announced the appointments of the chairs and vice chairs respectively of the Association’s standing committees for the Low Slope Roofing Committee, Communications Committee, Industry Affairs Committee, and the Steep Slope Roofing Committee.
Low-Slope Roofing Committee
Chair: Tim Kersey, Manager, Technical Development, Siplast Incorporated, Arkadelphia, AR
Vice Chair: Steve Clarke, Senior Research Scientist, Carlisle SynTec, Incorporated, Carlisle, PA.
Chair: Marcia Hannah, Vice President/Marketing, Roofing Products Group, CertainTeed Corporation, Valley Forge, PA.
Vice Chair: Sarah Tholen, Manager, Marketing Communications, Johns Manville Corporation, Denver, CO.
Industry Affairs Committee
Chair: Dennis Mueller, Manager, Health & Safety Assessment, CertainTeed Corporation, Valley Forge, PA.
Vice Chair: Pending appointment
Steep Slope Roofing Committee
Chair: Darrel Higgs, Technical Manager, Roofing Systems, Building Materials Technical Service, OwensCorning, Toledo, OH.
Vice Chair: Louis Hahn¸ Vice President, Technology Center, ELKCorp, Ennis, TX.
-- # --